£3.49 – £20.94 inc. VAT
— OR —
Gluten-Dairy-Wheat-Nut Free Carrot Cake Baking Mix
You guys went carrot-cake-crazy with our carrot cake snack bar, so we thought, why not bring you the real deal : our very own carrot cake mix! Just like all our other products this is vegan, gluten-free and top 14 allergen free. This means no-one has to miss out when it comes to afternoon teas, desserts or birthday celebrations. We understand the hardships of having to exclude yourself from the fun because carrot-cake typically contains ingredients such as nuts, wheat or milk and we don’t think it’s fair. We certainly don’t take this as an excuse in terms of the taste either – we’ve made sure our carrot cake is to die for!
This sumptuously-spiced carrot cake loaf is definitely a keeper ; the charming cinnamon tinges will tickle your taste buds, and its moist sponge is perfect with a cuppa! Create your own carrot cupcakes, or even double-layer your cake. Make sure you’re not missing out, and grab your carrot cake mix!
Soft Brown Sugar, Gluten Free Oat Flour, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Tapioca Starch, Linseed Flour De-oiled, Maize Flour, Spices (Coriander, Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, Cassia), Buckwheat Flour, Baking Powder (Raising Agents: Sodium Dihydrogen Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate; Calcium Sulphate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum)
• 165g Grated Carrot
• 75ml Vegetable Oil
• 65ml Cold Water
• For a fluffier loaf, add 1tbsp White (or Apple Cider) Vinegar
HOW TO MAKE
• Preheat oven to 180c/400f/gas mark 6
• Rip open this packet like you mean it! Then lovingly pour into a mixing bowl.
• Add the water and oil and blend for 5 minutes (sing your favourite song to pass the time, for bonus points try and change the lyrics to be about carrots)
• Gently fold in the grated carrot (and a handful of raisins if you fancy)
• Scoop the beautiful blend into a greased 1lb loaf tin and bake for 30-35mins
• Graciously turn out the cake onto a cooling rack and do a celebratory jig before tackling the frosting. Try and keep busy for 30 minutes while the cake cools!
FOR A FABULOUS FROSTING
(not included in this packet)
• 156g Powdered (Icing) Sugar
• 60g Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
• 30ml of your favourite milk
• Splash of Vanilla Extract
WHIP IT UP
• Ensure coconut oil is room temp (nice and soft), then whisk it to a creamy texture in a bowl
• Practice multi-tasking by gradually adding the sugar while mixing together slowly
• Pop in the Vanilla, then slowly add the milk whilst mixing until you reach your desired consistency
• Want a firmer frosting? Use less milk
• Want a runny frosting that drips down the sides? Add a splash more milk!
• Keep your finished, frosted masterpiece in the fridge and enjoy with a cup of tea
LocoSoco Group plc8 Madeira Avenue, Leigh on Sea, Essex SS9 3EB
email: firstname.lastname@example.org: 0203 154 9300
Co. number: 10226386
AWRS: XPAW 000 0011 4788
Becoming a community partner is an opportunity to make a difference in your community by introducing sustainable products and services.
At LocoSoco we believe in sharing the revenue and equity created from this thriving industry