This Policy is intended to establish a framework of reference for integrating the protection of nature and the environment within the LocoSoco’s strategy, as well as its investments and operations, and define the principles of conduct for environmental management and the management of natural capital.
The Company considers respect for the environment to be one of the central elements of the concept of sustainability, and particularly one of the three pillars for reaching a sustainable energy model, together with competitiveness and the safety of supply.
LocoSoco is therefore committed to continue taking a leading position in the development of a sustainable energy model, based on the use of renewable energy sources and smart grids, electrification, efficiency, reduction in emissions and digital transformation, where respect for and the protection of the environment is integrated into all of its activities and processes. LocoSoco is also committed to compliance with environmental regulations and international best practices in this area.
LocoSoco’s commitment to leadership in the development of sustainable energy is aligned with the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) six, seven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen and seventeen approved by the United Nations.
2. Scope Of Application
This Policy applies to all persons and associated websites of LocoSoco, as well as to all persons not belonging to the Company over which the Company has connection with.
This Policy shall also apply, to the extent relevant, to the joint ventures, temporary joint ventures and other equivalent associations.
Our policy is to reduce the impact of the Company’s operations on the environment, through its Green Agenda initiative. The goal is to promote sustainability and environmental awareness at all levels by:
– Complying with all applicable environmental legislation and sustainability commitments
– Measuring and analysing the carbon footprint of our business activities in conjunction with other climate change mitigation and adaptation efforts
– Preventing pollution and reducing consumption of resources through waste management strategies that promote waste minimisation re-use, recovery and recycling, as appropriate
– Incorporating energy efficiency measures into LocoSoco’s facilities and promoting efficient energy use in all areas of business activity
– Promoting and continuing to invest in technologies that adhere to LocoSoco’s sustainability goals
– Adopting a procurement strategy which takes into account the environmental impact of products and services and supports the purchase of sustainable products
– Ensure our staff are aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them through regular awareness and training to minimise those impacts.
– Promoting the protection and enhancement of biodiversity and ecosystems through employee awareness programs and stakeholder engagement
– Pursuing a programme of continuous improvement by reviewing our Environmental Policy and related objectives and targets, policies and practices