For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), your data is being collected by LocoSoco of 8 Madeira Drive, Leigh on Sea, Essex, SS9 3EB in the United Kingdom.
- Definitions and Interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to LocoSoco via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR), and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
LocoSoco, we or us
LocoSoco, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09066614, whose registered office is at 8 Madeira Drive, Leigh on Sea, Essex, SS9 3EB in the United Kingdom.
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by LocoSoco and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a client or otherwise providing services to LocoSoco and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
The website that you are currently using, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Data Controller
- For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, LocoSoco is the “data controller.” This means that LocoSoco shall determine the purposes for which your Data is processed.
- Our websites include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
- Information We Collect
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
- We will/do not collect any sensitive personal data e.g. race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, genetic and biometric data.
- Information you make available in email, post or telephone enquiries or other communications via our websites or social media webpages is your responsibility and you should think very carefully before including or sharing any sensitive personal data.
- Use of Your Personal Data
We collect and use your personal data as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including but not limited to:
- Operate the website and deliver goods/services.
- Communicate with you about the services you use, as well as respond to requests for assistance, including account support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account. Updates regarding your account/service use will be delivered via email communication.
- Display user content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our website.
- Understand and improve how our users use and interact with our services.
- Publicly disclose statistics regarding users’ use of our website/services.
- Create and display an online profile where it is necessary to use our services.
- Ensure other online third parties that you interact with on our website are relevant to you.
When you interact/register with us to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
When we process any transaction made by you, we process your personal data to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the website. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations within the Jurisdiction of England and Wales.
- Storage of Personal Data
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your personal data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure (see “Your Right” section below).
- Even if we delete your personal data, we still reserve the right to maintain a copy for legal, tax or regulatory purposes, but in such an event, we would seek to anonymise wherever possible and we will do so only if necessary to fulfil those legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- Personal Data Access and Disclosure
We disclose your personal data to third parties such as service providers. We also disclose your personal data when we have your explicit consent, or if we are required to do so by law.
We will only disclose personal data to third parties:
- When we use vendors, lawyers and service providers to assist us in meeting business or operating needs. The categories of recipients of the personal data includes service providers that provide us with, or assist us in, legal services, hosting our website, marketing our services, communicating with users, delivering and improving our services, e-mail communication, invoicing and payments, customer support services and analytics (these service providers may only access, process or store personal data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations).
- When we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Information.
- When we determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property or personal safety of LocoSoco and the users of this website or to respond to lawful requests, warrants or requests by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by law enforcement authorities
Our website uses “cookies’ to help you personalise your online experience.
- A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
- Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- Our cookies do not run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to your computer
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenient feature to save you time. The cookie tells the server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the website pages, or register with the website, a cookie helps the website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal data, such as your billing address or site preferences. When you return to the same website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the website features that you customised.
We may place the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services. We do not require your consent to use these cookies.
Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests and for remarketing as described below.
8. Alternatively, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Data Security and Integrity
- We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal data that we hold for misuse, loss or unauthorised access. We do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures, including measures to deal with any suspected data breach.
- The website is designed to secure the personal data you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
- However, while we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of all data which is transmitted to the website or to another website via the internet or similar connection. It is your responsibility as the user to keep personal information safe.
- Your Rights
- Under the GDPR, you have rights in relation to your personal data, such as the rights of access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability, and erasure.
- You also have the right to object to automated decision making and profiling and to the processing of your personal data for marketing.
- Where we do rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products and/or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw consent.
- Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Changes to This Policy
- We will occasionally update this policy to reflect changes in law or government advice, changes in the way we run our business or deliver our services.
- It is your responsibility to review this policy each time you use our website or services.
- We encourage you to review this policy regularly.